Residence permit in Spain for a 6-month study.
- Introduction: Residence permit in Spain for a 6-month study. You can obtain your own residency in Spain by studying for six months
- How to do the procedure and who can process it?
- Advantages of doing it telematically from Spain
- Requirements required
- Upon completion of studies, modification in less than twenty days for one year of residence to search for a job or create business activity
- Contact us
- Links to government regulations
You can get your own residence in Spain studying for six months.
Hello, my name is Antonio Villena I am the president of a Spanish professional team specialized in residency in Spain.
The decree of September 4, 2018 expanded the possibilities for students from outside the European Union to obtain a Student residence in Spain and at the same time also be able to modify this student residence to a residence for work as an employed or self-employed person or for a year of residence in Spain to look for a job or even to start your own business activity.
This decree expanded, as we are saying, the possibilities of Student residence in Spain and at the same time also facilitated the process.
In the sense that it can be done from Spain telematically through the Internet with a professional who has a certificate registered in the foreigner office.
Which greatly facilitates the process to obtain Student residence in Spain.
First, because all the documentation is sent simply scanned from the professional’s office, it is done through a platform that is the Sara network or the Mercury platform through which the official receives the fully ordered documentation directly for Student Residence in Spain.
It means, the penal certificates, medical certificate, etc. each one of that ordered documentation, is received directly by the department that is going to study it within the Immigration Office of the province that has been selected for the studies. This of course is much faster than if it is done through the consulate.
The consulate first gives an appointment, in the telematic system there is no appointment, the consulate receives the documentation checks the documentation, they scan it when they can, the documentation along with the application for Student residence in Spain, is sent when possible to Madrid to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then they send it the province to the Immigration Office, of the corresponding province and then the Immigration Office of the province that corresponds in turn to the corresponding department, this department collects the documentation sorts it, classifies it and verifies it.
Of course, the procedures are much longer and more when something is missing or there is a requirement since the foreign office communicates to the Ministry of Affairs, it communicates it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it communicates it to the consulate and the consulate when it can and has time communicates to the interested party, so the fact that it is provided and can be done telematically from Spain of course has many advantages to process the application of Student residence in Spain.
The essential and important requirement is that the future student must have a Schengen visa that has at least 30 days of validity, this is an essential requirement.
Other types of requirements that are necessary to obtain a Student residence in Spain is that it can later be modified by a residence on its own is that the studies that are carried out are at least 6 months and these 6 months are full-time.
It is also an essential requirement that this minimum study of six months full-time should be studies that are qualified as higher studies, because the university studies that can be taught by a public or private university, a business center, non-university studies, study for professional training of a higher degree as study of Fine Arts, in Dramatic Arts or sports but always at a higher level.
Another essential requirement is that the admission is approved and paid and that this admission has been carried out in a center that is recognized by the Spanish government and that after the studies the student obtains a degree or a certificate this is also a must.
The other requirements, which are also common to other types, Student residence in Spain are:
- Medical insurance that covers any medical incident during the time they give you Student residence in Spain, although if the studies are less than one year, they usually give it for one year, so it is convenient to take out insurance for one year.
- Second: medical certificate of not having contagious diseases according to the international Sanitary regulations of the year 2005.
- You have to have sufficient financial means, in this case Spain stipulates the financial means at € 538 / month which is the IPREM this multiplied by the months of studies, it is convenient that it be for one year, that is to say € 538 x 12 months because even if the studies are lower, they usually give Student residence in Spain for one year.
- It must be taken into account with respect to the economic capacity that if the students do not have this economic capacity, as is most of the cases, and this economic capacity comes from the parents or other relatives, then the links with these must be demonstrated. If he is your father, so with the birth certificate, if he is your uncle the same and, in this case, also should must be a notarized commitment in which the parents or the relative is responsible for all the economic situation during the stay and any financial need the student have during the stay of Student residence in Spain.
- Also, if you are of legal age you must present the criminal record of your country of residence.
In principle, these requirements, which are basic to any Student residence in Spain, must also be presented.
Once the Student residence in Spain is obtained, before this residence is expired, two months before or three months later; you can apply for a one-year residence for job search. During this year of job search, you can either obtain a contract on your own account or you can also create your own business activity.
There is also another type of change that can be made when one completes the Student residency in Spain and it is an internship with some company that have a partnership with the center where he / she has been studying.
We have said that they give us a one-year residence permit to search for a job, that it is requested two months before the end of the Student residence in Spain for study or it can be requested up to three months later and the Spanish Administration has 20 days to answer the approval or refusal, if they don’t answer within these 20 days it is automatically approved.
Normally if the studies have been passed with a normal average mark, this type of residence for one year of job search is obtained without any problem.
When you get a contract for internship, the residence is automatically modified by residence to search a job, you do not have to wait for the end of the year, at the time you want to you can modify your own residence.
All these types of changes, modifications that took place on September 4, 2018, to allow foreign students residence in Spain to continue their studies here and then obtain a business residence, have greatly facilitated the access of non-EU students to Spanish education, which as you all know it is an education of high quality, an education that is recognized all around the world and the power to then have a future and place if you have a European residence.
The first residence is one year; the second residence is 2 years; the third for two years, then renewal ready in a permanent residence that is forever, not subject to any type of condition, and it is a right that the person acquires and will never lose.
Well, all these advantages that are acquired with Student residence in Spain with minimum studies of six months, because we believe that it is very interesting to access the residence in Spain and consequently access all the advantages that they have been offered.
The procedures in principle for obtaining Student residence in Spain are a little cumbersome, a little complicated, you do not have to take the risk of doing them badly and that they are the fastest and most effective way to present documentation and we always advise you to go hand in hand with a professional.
Moreover, I hope that this talk was good for you and if you want to contact us it could be through email or WhatsApp and you can also like us on Facebook on YouTube or fill out our newsletter to receive latest news from us.
Normative of the Government of Spain:
STATE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER: