Guarantee the Renewal of the residence permit
- Why is the renewal of the residence permit important?
It is important to take into account the renewal of the residence permit because if you do not follow the established requirements, you could lose and be denied the renewal of your residence permit.
The renewal of the residence permit is a simple procedure, so you must be careful not to lose it for absurd reasons.
- Conditions for the renewal according to the type of permit
- Non-profit residence: prove that you have the required financial means in your bank account.
- Independent residence: be up to date with your social security contributions and prove that you have the minimum financial means (IPREM). It is important to keep in mind that if you have a family to support, the IPREM increases.
- Investor Card or Golden Visa: In this case, the renewal is simpler and the documents required are fewer than in the previous cases.
- What is the length of stay in Spain required for the renewal of the residence permit?
The regulations establish that you must have stayed in Spain for at least six months to renew your residence permit. This minimum length of stay in Spain is logical and normal, as you are supposed to apply for a residence permit to reside and not to live in another country. However, if you are careful or if you contact professionals in the sector, you can benefit from different exceptions to this regulation.
3.1 Exceptions to the length of stay in Spain
There are several exceptions to the length of stay in Spain for the renewal of the residence permit:
This is not applicable and does not take into account the following cases:
- If the person is in possession of a company in Spain.
- If the person has stayed in another country of the European Union during the period of residence.
- If the person has acquired real estate above a certain amount (in this case, it is even possible not to reside in Spain).
- Duration of residence permits
As a general rule, the first time a residence permit is granted, the period is one year, the second time two years, the third time two years again. At the end of these five years, if the established rules have been respected, permanent residence is granted.
- What is permanent residence?
It is a residence that will never be lost. In this case, neither the financial means nor the length of stay are taken into account.
If this residency expires while the person is outside of Spain, there is no problem, it is a lifetime residency, just make an appointment at the consulate to request a visa for fingerprinting.
To contact us: link