Guide to obtaining a non-profit residency visa in Spain

Find out how to obtain a non-profit residence visa and its requirements.

Here we will explain to you all the details and requirements to get a non-profit residence visa in Spain.

Next we are going to talk about the national non-profit residence visa, explaining the different requirements to apply for this visa.

The national non-profit residence visa is usually requested by those who wish to come to Spain, but are not going to work, and it is also requested by those who wish to come alone or with their family.

1. Necessary financial means

Among the essential requirements, one of the most important is to have sufficient financial means, it would be sufficient to have the necessary amount of money in a bank account or to receive enough money every month to be able to support himself/herself and the rest of the family.

It is also possible to combine both possibilities by having a certain amount of money in the bank and at the same time receiving a certain amount of money every month, as long as it is sufficient to be able to support oneself in Spain.

These necessary financial means, as of the year 2022, consist of 580 euros multiplied by 4 for the first member of the family, that is the total amount that must be earned per month, but this amount must be multiplied by 12 due to the 12 months that would be one year’s residence.

For the rest of the family, for each member of the family it should be 580 euros per month multiplied by the 12 months, which is enough.

It is important to bear in mind that this amount of money depends on the amount specified by the IPREM, which changes every year and is updated depending on the calculation that is made to determine this amount taking into account different issues.

2. First exception for people working in their country of origin

It is also important to bear in mind that if we work in our country of origin in a workplace where we have to attend for a certain number of hours, we will not be able to apply for a visa in this case.

However, there are exceptions that this office has defended through lawsuits and argued with the consulates and in the end we have been successful. These exceptions are cases of liberal professionals who work either as freelancers or managers of a company and who can work from Spain telematically or by telephone, therefore, they do not have to be in the country of origin to continue working.

Under certain conditions, i.e. if I am a manager of a company, which is also mine, or I have a good shareholding in the company and I want to carry out these functions normally from Spain, I will occasionally travel to my country of origin, but I will be in Spain for the six months of each year established by the regulations, in this case I can.

These exceptions have been approved by different rulings of the Supreme Court in Spain, and we have managed to convince the consulates to grant visas in these cases through different conditions, such as granting a power of attorney to a person in your country of origin so that they can represent you in case it is necessary.

Through this condition or requirement, we have managed to get many consulates to admit these cases and to go ahead.

3. Second exception for people who work in their country of origin

There is also another exception for people who are neither liberal professionals nor company managers, people who cannot exercise their work from outside their country of origin, said exception consists in that the rest of the family members can come to reside in Spain with the authorisation of said person, and then one year later this person can be regrouped with his/her family in case the circumstances have changed.

Therefore, if the person who is currently unable to work outside his or her country of origin wants his or her family to live in Spain, this person can authorise this situation notarially, so he or she can authorise his or her wife to be able to travel with their children to Spain and can make any kind of decision.

In this case, the family can obtain residency while the husband is still in his country of origin, and if circumstances change later on, the husband can come to live with them in Spain and regroup with his family, but it is important that the circumstances have changed in order to do so.

4. Other necessary requirements

Up to this point we have talked about the economic point of view, regarding other aspects we need a specific medical insurance to get the visa, but it cannot be the same insurance that is used to get the Schengen visa.

The medical insurance that we need must be from a Spanish insurance company, which includes being able to go to any medical appointment or consultation without having to pay an additional amount of money for one service or another, we are talking about a medical insurance without co-payment.

Regarding other requirements necessary to obtain the non-profit residence visa, we mention below a list of requirements that are also important:

– Owning a home or renting a home on a long-term basis.

– No criminal record.

– No contagious diseases according to the international regulations of 2005.

– Schooling of the children when they arrive in Spain if they are between 6 and 16 years of age, which is the schooling age.

Therefore, these are the most fundamental requirements to obtain a non-profit residence visa in Spain, so for any questions we are at your disposal and we hope that this information has helped you.

If you want to be informed about these issues, we invite you to visit our social networks and our Youtube channel, or you can fill in the form we have on our website to send you newsletters with the latest news and information.

To contact us: link

To view the page in Spanish, French or Arabic.

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *